what would be your answer to "why do you want to work in home health care" and why do you think your a good canidate for this job

applejacks2004

Asked by applejacks2004 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• "because I see patients as more than just a body to wash and feed. They are people"
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• MY answer? It would be I don't. :)
    lol...prob not helpful.
    ummm......To help individuals with their needs and assist them in being able to stay in their homes as long as possible.
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think the best answer is always the honest answer, like tell them what it means to you, why you are drawn to this area etc like you like to take care of people, a born care giver whatever. As far as why you are a good candidate I think just the fact that you will put your heart into what you do etc.as well as being a loyal employee and hard worker etc. I would think that is what they want to hear. Ofcourse this has to be true to be sincere ha ha! Does that help? I'm no expert, I just like to talk ha ha!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have worked in a nursing home and I have worked for a home health care agency. HHC is so rewarding and you get to spend more one-on-one time with your client once you take care of the duties required of you. You generally keep the same clients so you get to know them, their likes and dislikes, how they prefer their housecleaning done and meals made, and whether you will be transporting them to the store or a doctor's appointment. You don't do any wound care or medication administration, but you are responsible for reporting anything out of sorts or if a new ulcer sore or bruise appears on their body that you can see. They LOVE conversation and it is good to interact with them to keep their minds stimulated and to help minimize depression. You have to have a real passion for helping people to work HHC. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2009