The worse Morning Sickness Ever. Help Me please

I have the worst morning sickness, I cant barely keep nothin down. My first pregnency wasnt like this. I know every pregnencey is different Ive tried candy crakers teas even tryn not to b sick it doesnt wrk.. [please HELP ME

kyela2

Asked by kyela2 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your OB, they will be able to prescribe some anti-nausea medication. I'm wondering if you could use those sea-sickness patches that you can get at drug stores...call your OB and ask, that might help!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This probably sounds strange, but I had terrible morning sickness, and If I kept myself cold, I seemed to feel better. I also think SarahLee is right you should go to or call the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, I totally feel you, I had severe severe morning sickness for 4-6 weeks. There was nothing I could do, pretty much nothing I could eat or keep down if I did eat. I lost over 20lbs in like 3 weeks. I never did find anything I could do to help. I didn't get to see my doct about it b/c my first app wasn't til it was easing up. Just hang in there.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I'm so sorry. Hopefully it won't last much longer. The only thing that helped me was ice water. I would sip at it whenever the feeling would come on. I kept that glass full and at my side 24/7. Its funny how you forget all the bad stuff of being pregnant the instant you see that brand new little person.
    Anonymous

• Ugh!! I feel for you! I'm 32 weeks and still sick! I've only gained 2lb on top of my pre-pregnancy weight because I lost so much. I'm not nearly as sick as I was before (vomit maybe once every 2 days now instead of EVERYTHING I ate)...I found NOTHING that helped. I'm sorrry to be a downer. I even tried medication at bout 24 wks (I was very against it but finally gave up) I ended up having a horrible reaction to it. Hopefully you have a better result than that! sorry I couldnt be more help.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i have had really bad morning sickness since i was about 7weeks pregnant. i'm now 22weeks pregnant...i found out i was having twins in my 20th week. not saying you're having twins but could it be a possibility? before i found out i was having twins, my OB started giving me Zofran...some anti-nausea pill that they usually give chemo patients to keep them from getting sick. as soon as i started taking it, it did wonders. it was my new best friend. the pill is the size of a birthcontrol pill. see if that helps you.
    1sttimema_808

Answer by 1sttimema_808 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• ginger tea
    chamomile tea
    sea sickness bands
    licorice tea

good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I feel for you! With my last pregnancy I was sick for the whole 9 months - I was even throwing up the morning of the c section, and during the c section! Talk to your OB, I tried 3 different medications. None of them worked for me, but might work for you. Hopefully it will go away!

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I truly feel for you. With my first I was so nauseous I was losing weight. The doc put me on an very gentle anti nausea medication. It helped a little.  I found that actually drinking 8 ounces of gatorade help tremendously, it is a relatively cheap try.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We call pregnancy "sexually transmitted barfia." Yeah, it's THAT bad. Here is everything I had tried. One thing will work for about 3 days then I have to switch.

suck a lemon wedge or get a bottle of lemon juice and down a spoon full (works the best for me)
    Seabands acupressure wrist bands-- @CVS for $10
    Tums
    lavender in tea or the oil on your wrists
    ginger ale, ginger chews, ginger anything
    Pedialyte
    coconut water (unsweetened)
    force yourself to eat 7 almonds
    take a multi-B vit supplement with one meal each day
    plain potato or rice with fresh ginger dressing are the 2 things I can always keep down

I keep a HUGE plastic cup in my car for barfing while driving. Also, wear your sunglasses in the public toilet to keep the water from splashing in your eyes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009