How can I sooth growing pains for my 4 year old and is that what they are?

My son has been waking up several times almost every night with pain in his legs. The pain seems to be mostly in his knees. I remember having really bad growing pains where I was little too but my husband never had them. I know a warm bath helps and childerens tylenol but I do not want to keep giving him tylenol every night. I read some stuff online that said it could be something much worse if it is mostly in the joints, severe pain, or if it lasts more than a hour or so. In my experiance they lasted up to 3 or 4 hours and were very painfull and it was only growing pains in my situation. I would love to hear about any experiances of what you may have heard, and insight would be very much appreciated.

starryeyes84

Asked by starryeyes84 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• I gave my daughter the Hyland's teething tabs when she had growing pains; they really helped!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009