totally serious question! Im NOT a troll..

ok so this is a question about pubic hair..I know its totally weird but I wonder if im the only one who has this problem...when I shave down there and the hair is long..it doesnt hurt at all and its easy...but when the hair is very short..it hurts soooo bad and the area is all sensitive and it typically will bleed a little like from razor burn...WHY does this only happen when its short?? and what is the difference? I dont understand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you shaved it often it would probably grow accustomed to being touched by the razor and may try to use a soothing shave cream like something with oat nothing with menthol in it though that will make the burning worse
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• because nature is telling you not to shave it off.
    Anonymous

• Happens to me to. I'm sure its very normal.
    Anonymous

• You probably aren't using the right stuff to shave with.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Waxing is so much better, lol! I remember that happening to me.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• use conditioner or shaving gel...
    Anonymous

• I can shave Mon and then shave Tues, but if I don't shave Tues . . . I have to wait until Thurs. For some reason, on the third day it is just at an in between length and very sensitive.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Because when it is short & stubbly like that the hair shaft is actually thicker & makes more friction when shaving. Longer pubic softens as it grows. Try shaving in the direction the hair is growing. Do not shave the opposite way, this will make much more razor burn if you shave against the direction your hair is growing. It might take longer to shave that way, but it really helps. I quit using razors & use an electric one. It doesn't get quite as close as a razor, but i was sick of razor burn & ingrown hairs.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• it has to do with your body's reaction to the initial shave. It's possibe there are many small cuts and the hair growing in isn't as settled into place as the longer hair would be. So there's more unseen bumps and things to cut when you have after you have already shaved recently. If you do it often, you rbody becomes acustomed to it. same with your leges. Plus longer hair may be softer in general since it's been exposed to the air, clothing, etc. and weakens over time.
    Anonymous

• I don't shave so I do not have that problem. I am perfectly content with having pubic hair. I hate shaving. The whiskers and bumps the next day are not worth it.
    Anonymous