Boys and hunger pains?

My son is almost 8 and has been having tummy troubles. He says he is hungry every hour or 2 and says his stomach hurts and he has to eat something. He will even insist on going to sleep some nights because his tummy stops hurting then. He is fine after he eats. I just picked him up from the nurses office because of it and he had to eat something right away. I know he is a growing boy but is this normal?

Roxanne0607

Asked by Roxanne0607 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• Could be a huge growth spurt. I would let him eat just make it more fruit and veggies, small portions but often. That way he gets what he seems to need without over eating.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• NO. Acid reflux feels like a really empty tummy. It can be brought on by stress or he could have an abdomenal migraine. Are you or his dad effected by migraines?
    Anonymous