I am feeling guilty and need someone to tell me i am normal!

So i have an 18 month old little girl that is my WORLD! i love her to death and hate being away from her for a second. I tried very hard to get her and it ended up taking me to fertility and 18 months. I have always wanted a little girl! Now i am pregnant with my second and it was planned again, but i am having horrible thoughts! I would never hurt a baby nor would i do anything to comprimise my pregnancy, but just thinking is making me feel bad! I just feel like when i am w/ my DD i think why am i having another? i was happy w/ just her, and now i will have to share my time w/ another baby. She is my little princess, how will i tear myself away from her. Is this normal? I feel so guilty for feeling this way. I am afraid i will loose my DD when the baby comes because most of my attention will be on the baby. It wont be just she and i anymore for baths and bedtime stories and rocking...

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• While unexpected, it IS normal to feel this way. Once that baby comes, you will feel differently. Congrats!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Now you will have two to love and share special moments with and your girls will ove each other and be best friends. Look at this in a positive way.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I dont know what i am having yet, i hope its another girl i think that will help me a little, but i will take whatever the good Lord gives me as long as they are healthy!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I felt the exact same way when I found out I was pregnant with my second. My first was a planned pregnancy, my second was not. After my first son was born I had decided that I didn't want any more. I loved giving all my love and attention to my son. My youngest is 3 almost 4 years old, and I now can't imagine our lives with out him. I think the best thing we could have ever done for our oldest was give him a little brother. Yes they fight, and yes I have to split my attention between them, but it is so very worth it! No matter what else happens in their lives, they will always have each other.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Don't worry, I know you will have enough love and time for two.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This is very normal and I felt this way when I was expecting baby #3. One mommy, three kids, whoa! Thats alot. I bet you are thinking that your little girl is so young and she needs you so much and its overwhelming. I can suggest something. Help your dd cope with a new baby by letting her play with baby dolls. You hold the baby and act as if its the new baby. Show her how to touch it and kiss it. I did this with my son when I was expecting #3 and now he is SOOO affectionate and they get along great. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had the same feelings when I got pregnnat with my second... guess what, once that baby is in yoru arm, everything changes for the better
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I just had #8, and let me say I have that exact feeling with each one! It is completely normal!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I wanted to have another baby so badly then when I got pregnant I just knew I wouldn't have time for my son anymore. I felt so guilty. But what happened was nothing like what I expected. He loves to help me with his little sister and when she naps, he and I have our time together. The three of us play together and have more fun than I ever dreamed possible.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009