What age did you move your child to a toddler or big bed?

I feel like I am the only one whose 3 year old is still in a crib. She just turned 3 and I was in a crib until almost then. I do not feel she is ready for a big bed. She has never once tried to climb out. Am I the only one like this?

bugsmom06

Asked by bugsmom06 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter never tried to climb out of her crib either...but she was in a twin size bed on her first bnirthday!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I converted my son's crib to a toddler bed because the side of the crib was really crappy and if leaned on it it would go down and he would have fallen. So I simply took it off. He is 18 months.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son just turned 2 and he still uses his crib. He has a little sister on the way and I plan on using a bassinet for her as long as possible and then getting her her own crib since my son's has teeth marks on it. LOL!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My twins moved from the cribs to toddler beds at 22 months, and then to twin size beds at 2 1/2. They did fine. My youngest moved from the crib at 19 months, and well she just turned two and is still in the toddler bed.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• At two. They are potty trained or starting by that age. And I think they need to be able to go to the bathroom. We don't use a big bed at first I get toddler beds until they are 4-5 then move into a big bed. So this year for Christmas my two year old is getting a toddler bed and my oldest is getting a big girl bed.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• 2, actually just before. He climbed out at 18 months and I held him off until then... and threatened his life (lol, only kidding....well mostly) if he got out of the bed. We probably put him back in the bed 1000 times that first week, but he finally got it and did fine from then on... GL!
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 3:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my son was crawling out of his crib at 18 mths and was moved to a toddler bed he is now 3 and sleeps in just a twin bed
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• 15 months, twin bed, all three times.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• #1 moved to a toddler bed just after turning 2 (needed the crib for her little brother)
    #2 used the crib until he was 20 months and started climbing out (also needed it for his little sister)
    #3 used it until she was 2 1/2 and then we turned it into a toddler bed
    #4 never had a crib (slept in the pack n play) and moved to her big girl bed (a junior bed from IKEA, the same kind my 9yo and 7yo daughters have) when she was 23 months
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son was in a toddler bed before his 1st birthday because we needed the crib for my niece.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009