Vaccines?

How do you feel about vaccines? I would love to hear all opinions.

starryeyes84

Asked by starryeyes84 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• I am all for vaccines. My dd is fully vaxed and not on delayed vax scheduale. However she nor anyone else in our family has or will get the H1N1 vaccine. it was rushed out and not properly tested so it scares me lol.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My kids get them as recommende by their dr. We will probaly be getting more this spring as I am hoping to take the kids to Mexico to visit DH's family. We have many people that we come in contact with that are coming from Mexico and I don't need my kids to get super sick or possibly die from preventable illnesses.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think some are good, but most are overdone.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am on the fence. I see the benefits...but I also worry about toxins found in them. I mean even after studying about them for a while I cant really explain what is in them, and yet we inject them into our tiniest babies.

I also see how the medical community changes opinions quite frequently about the health and benefits of certain things....two that stick out in my mind right now are mammograms and birth control pills....(Yaz and Yasmine) 3 years ago my gyn. would have told me that Yaz was PERFECT for me to take, now there is a class action lawsuit for damages done.

HMMMMMMM, doesnt anyone believe that might happen with vaccines one day, that a study WILL possibly come out showing a link somehow....someway?

I just dont trust anyone. Especially one based on receiving monies for the vaccines given....
    Anonymous

• I am in between on some. I don't see why newborns are given Hep B. I don't think newborns are in the risk factors for contracting Hep B. Also, are the ones given at infancy and childhood guaranteed to provide lifelong immunity? No. I have vaccinated all of my children, but I skipped on the rotavirus one and probably will not do the Gardasil one.
    Anonymous

• Im for them
    I personally think you are stupid to not get them
    If your child comes down with something that could had been prevented then it is YOUR fault
    Anonymous

• I am very anti vaccine. I wasn't when I first had my twins, but when they both almost died with their first set of them, I did my research and decided that they, and any future children would never receive another one. Best decision I ever made. My kids are very happy, and healthy and I wouldn't go back on my decision in a million years.
    Anonymous

• I am all for vaccines. THey are given to prevent diseases and why would I what my kids sick or worse.
    Since they have proven that the vaccines are not cuasing Autisum and taken out the mecury, I see no reason not to vaccine. And tons of reason to vaccine.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We no longer vaccinate.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• All for them and continue to vaccinate. (including the flu vaccines)
    Anonymous