Why do I have such a hard time being mad at my mom even when she is a complete witch???

Sometimes I want to cut off all contact with her but I always call her the next day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Is this my daughter? lol Sometimes we older moms can be a pain in the behind but we still love our children and we're still "mom".

Answer by admckenzie at 3:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It seems you have no problem being mad at your Mom..you call her a complete witch. LOL. Try not to be so hard on her. Some day she won't be around and you will miss her. My Mom made me mad too...but she died 20 years ago and I miss her. I wish I had called her more often and wrote her more letters when we were transferred all over the USA in the Military. I don't think I ever thought of her as a complete witch,but she was not very warm and loving. Sad,tho.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Same reason we all do. Our Mom's drive us totally nuts (mine is annoying the hell out of me this week) but they are still our Mom's so we call. I think they guilt us into it from childhood on.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I guess I cant relate to you because I have no problem cutting ties with my mom when she goes too far and is a bitch. But I'm gonna guess that my issues with my mother are more strained than yours. That is probably why I don't have a problem cutting ties.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Umm I'll be honest only you know why you think of cutting ties with your mom and unless you explain we can't tell why you don't. I know I keep in very limited contact with my mother so that the rest of my family won't disown me. If it didn't mean losing my Aunt I would never talk to my mother again.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009