colposcopy?

Have any of you had to have them? Do they hurt? What about a LEEP? I have to go have it done next month and I'm nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• I have had the colpo done. Twice. The first time hurt worse then the second time, but not major pain. I was able to function like any other day after I got them done. I was supposed to get the LEEP done, but my doctor wanted to hold off to see if the problem corrected itself, and it did, so I didn't have to do it. You can take some tylenol or motrin before it happens, and that should help with any discomfort you may have.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had a Leep done. It is uncomfortable, and they do not give meds beforehand. It is important to be very still during. I meditated during the procedure so I wound not move. It was over quick. Taking pain meds before is a good idea, but it is not that painful.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009