Letting yourself go (is is justified)...

My male friend is divorcing his wife and has cheated on her in the past because he claims she let herself go! I tried to explain to him that he has put on a couple of pounds too and that marriage is not about that. He really thinks that he is justified because he did not sign up to be with a heavy girl! WTF? How can I explain to him that he is a being a jerk? I am not friends with his wife but as far as I can tell she is a good mom to his son and a good person. I have lost all respect for him :o( How can he be so blind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• He is a jerk, she is better off without the loser if that is what he thinks a marriage is about. Men always forget when they let themselves go too.

Anonymous

• Wow, what a jerk, she needs to leave him if he's cheating that's the most meesed up thing. Glad you lost repect for the loser!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Be friends with the wife, new girl will grow older too LOL__What a jerk!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That guy does sound like a jerk! I've made a vow though to myself that i will never let myself go and never let myself be overweight. I understand looks are important but to divorce someone because of this is stupid.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Obviously his love for her (if you can call it that) did not go very deep. It's no different if someone marries someone for money and then they lose it all. The love is conditional and won't stand the test of time no matter what. If it wasn't her weight, it would have been something else. Too bad she got hurt but maybe better off in the long run.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My lovely fiance told me that if i got really overweight, that it would be hard for him to make love to me. Guys are assholes & way more visual than men. I do not think that fiance would divorce me, but he would seriously push me to lose some weight.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There is never a justification for cheating. On eather side. Remember he was cheating with someone. So the "other woman" is no better than he is.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You may never be able to explain it to him short of reconsidering the friendship and telling him you'll talk to him again when he's grown up.

If that ever happens.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009