Who thinks this is okay??

who thinks it's okay to plan your wedding in the same month and year as one of your friends?? ...And you know your friend, who set her date first, is not happy about it....at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm the person who set her date first then a friend of mine decided to start planning her wedding in the same month and year as me. And it's completely ruining our friendship. Actually I don't consider her a friend at all really anymore. I would NEVER EVER do this to a friend. When I was planning the date I made sure to even stay away from the months in which my friends got married in last year. It's just wrong. Your wedding day is the most important day in your life... or at least it is to me.... I wouldn't steal someone else's thunder like that. I think it's tacky. And she won't tell me the day so for all I know it is the same damn day.
    Anonymous

• The same month and year? What the hell should she be pissed about? That is stupid.
    Anonymous

• Same day I'd be pissed, but same month doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• How far apart, will she be gone or you gone during the wedding? I think if you want to get married do it when YOU want to!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You know it's still not right, maybe you need to look deep in your heart and figure something out with your husband, which he could careless about dates probably, but how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot.
    Anonymous

• no that is kinda rude.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• As long as it isn't on the same day, I don't see the problem.
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well, I think it may cause trouble, especially if you have a lot of the same friends. It may put people in a position where they can make it to one wedding and not the other. I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't appreciate it if my friend did it to me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If it wasn't the same day then I wouldn't be upset. Might be nice to be able to vent to my friend about the stress of planning a wedding since she is planning hers to. Wouldn't bother me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I don't think its rude at all. In fact, I would assume its because she thinks your mutual friends will skimp on the gifts.

A wedding date is set for a multitude of reasons. Like the availability of a particular venue important to the couple, an anniversary date of when they met, or when its mutually convienent for their families. Also, if their parents are footing the bill, it might not have been their choice to begin with.

All said and done. I wouldn't want a friend who could be happy for me no matter when I was getting married. A friend would be happy that you are just as happy as she is or vice versa. I had a friend who married a week after I did, and I thought it was great!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009