Are my clothes ruined?!

My little guy must have left a crayon in his pocket after coloring last night and I washed and dried them with a EXTRA LARGE load of clothes!! Now we have purple crayon stains all over our new clothing.. Is there any way I can get this out.. I would try rewashing but I'm afraid that might set the stain in more?!?! Any ideas?!?! :(

MamaMulder

Asked by MamaMulder at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2038301_remove-crayon-stains-clothing.html

This article suggests paper towels, car part lubricant, and liquid dish detergent. It also says to be sure to clean the dryer drum.  I had crayon stains on a favorite shirt,  but I ended up throwing the shirt out. I hope you don't need to.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• ask stardove hon, she had a crayon laundry issue a few months back, only if i recall correctly, it was yellow crayon lol.
    mb_dolphin

Answer by mb_dolphin at 6:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• don't ask me,actually!i couldn't handle all the instructions and so all of my yellow load are in a yellow stained pillow case in my closet,awaiting me to deal with it!
    ainamama

Answer by ainamama at 7:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you have a newer front loader machine (or a friend with one) that has the deep steam cycle, the steam will help to release the crayon. If you do have access to a front loader with steam, be sure to check your clothes before drying them again. It may take a few steam cycles to get it all out. This is how I got crayon out of my DD Britax carseat when she left crayons out in the car during a hot summer day.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I've had this happen more than once - with RED! It was really easy - I threw them back in the washer (you might want to split it into 2 loads) with HOT water and a good multi-purpose cleaner that's safe for clothes (private label stuff). Washed twice (it was pretty much okay after once, I just did it twice for good measure), dried them, and they were good as new! And yes, I had dried them with the crayon.

Another mom once mentioned soaking the spots in contact lens solution - the big cheap bottle of the cleanser/saline stuff - she said just spray it on, let it soak (like a pre-treater) and wash, and repeat if need be. I didn't have to go that far though!
    Anonymous

• I did this with lipstick, it was 2o years ago, and my dh was in a pissy mood when we were doing laundry. I was very annoyed with how he talked to me, I didn't leave my lipstick in my pocket on purpose, but when the clothes got pulled out of the laundry and he got all huffy about it, I claimed to do it on pupose and smuggly laughed which got him more angry (mind you this, was a time in our relationship when I was passive and didn't have great communication skills and he also had attitudinal problems back then too) anyway, we did discuss what was bothering us, and I confessed it was an accident but I was hurt by his way of talking. Anyway, now its a funny memory! we were such babies then! LOL
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 10:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I can't remember if the clothes were permantly stainned. But as artists we were always getting paint or something on our clothes so it was no big deal to us anyway.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 10:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2009