is it normal for a 2yo old be scared of pools and bath.

please let me know i am confussed my name is tonya 580

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How can I stop my 2-year-old from screaming every time I give her ...
    My 2-year-old screams when I try to give her a bath. What should I do? ... We don't know what scared her away from the baths she used to love, but whenever ...
    parentcenter.babycenter.com/404_how-can-i-stop-my-2-year-old-from-screaming-every-time-i-giv_69261
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My son loves baths but when we started going in the pool he was terrified. He was especially scared when people would splash. It just took some patience and he is starting to love it. We just started by putting his feet in the pool and then we would hold him in the pool and now he will let us put him in a floaty as long as we stay close. We made sure always to remain calm when he would get splashed and cry and just calmly tell him he was ok but we would not take him out because we didn't want to enforce his fears. We also made sure to praise him when he made progress saying what a big boy he was for being in the pool etc.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I think every child is different my daughter loves taking baths and playing in the pool in fact she cries and screams when its time to get out I think that you should start slow with just the bath tub at first only filling it with a small amount of water at first and adding a little more each bath time until your 2 yr old feels comfortable in the water then you could probably could start introducing him to a kiddie pool.
    trying2staysane

Answer by trying2staysane at 9:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2008