problems down there? :/ sorry a little tmi

I had my daughter almost 8 weeks ago and I tore really really bad and had a few small tears near my urethra that my doctor did not stitch up. Well I started having sex a little too soon (not smart, I know) and ended up with a severe bladder infection which in turn, turned out to be a severe kidney infection. I was hospitalized for it and was on Bactrim and Macrobid. I just finished my antibiotics 2 days ago and now my "lips" hurt...they feel very sore and when I touch them, it feels like there are some tough spots and I expected to see bumps or something but when I look down there, there's only a bit of irritation, no bumps or anything weird...just some redness. It doesn't hurt to pee but it's slightly itchy and just, like i said, sore...

Is this normal? Could this be some kind of infection? :/ idkk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's why patience and listening to your doctor really does pay off!
    Anonymous

• Okay Anon. don't be rude. I tore really badly with my son, and I understand the anxiousness that goes along with waiting to heal down there. It takes FOREVER! Anyway, I was sore inside for a very long time afterward. I still have soreness down there. It will likely take years for the tissue to regenerate completely and get back to a new normal. My mom tore bad with her first too, and she still has problems, so there's no guarantee. How well do you wash? I know when I tore I was nervous to touch down there or wash normally because I was afraid it would hurt too much. Get yourself some Summer's Eve Feminine Wash for sensitive skin. Wash twice a day and make sure you get in between all the labia really well. Be gentle though, you don't want to hurt yourself even more. If washing more with that soap doesn't clear it up by tomorrow, call your doctor. Hope that helps!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• get some kind of squirt bottle too. that really helped when i went to the bathroom. wash all the urine off and then lightly pat dry.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009