What were you doing when you went into labor?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I havent had my baby yet, but when my Mom was pregnant with my sister we were planting flowers and were both extremely muddy and wet. We were having fun with it. Haha my Mom stops and says "I think my water broke" but she wasnt sure cause we were already soaking wet lol.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• 7:30am and I was just snuggling back into bed and POP, my water broke! All I have to say is Thank GOD for the water-proof mattress pads from Ikea!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Trying to sleep! But it got strong enough that I couldn't sleep anymore around 1 or 2 am. I went about my day the next day, met my mom at Starbucks, she confirmed yeah you're in labor. DH got home from work and told my tummy/DD to wait until after his hockey game lol. I went to the game, was in labor the hole time! Went home after the game and waited it out as long as I could and then at about 1130-12 decided it was time to go in. I was 5 cm when I got to the hospital.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• whole*
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was leaving the grocery store when I had my first contraction. An hour later I was at the hospital, 4 cm dilated.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had to be induced. So I was at the hospital with all sorts of monitors and an iv. With both.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was taking a nap and was awaken by a contraction . . . OUCHEE!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We had gone out to eat (first time in 6 months) we thought we would have a nice meal out before our baby was born. It was night before Valentines Day and we waited over 2 hours to be seated at our table. I told hubby I was going to use restroom before we ordered and as I got up to go to restroom, my water broke. Middle of jam-packed restaurant, needless to say we didn't get to eat and son wasn't born for another 22 hours.
    Anonymous

• with my first daughter i was making my lunch getting ready for work .My second child i was sleep but she wanted out.
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 3:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hanging out with my cat. I was feeling a lot of pain so I tried a hot shower. The pain continued. I dragged out of the shower and made it to the bed and told my BF. After a while of disbelief, I accepted I was going into labor, got dressed, and got my bags.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009