should i be worried about a little bit of blood in my 1 month old's stool?

he strains like he's constipated, which let me tell you he absolutely is NOT constipated, but every time he strains, there is just a little bit of blood that comes out. should i be worried? and should i take him to his doctor, or is this normal?

Candice1983

Asked by Candice1983 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Any diet changes? Bright red blood, or what?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would not guess, I will go to the pediatricians office with bloody stool and all. It is better to be safe than sorry.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would absolutely take him to his doctor. That's not something you want to mess with.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you breastfeed, maybe he has a temporary allergy to dairy that you eat. It sounds nuts but I had to stay off all dairy for almost 8 months. Ice cream would make it happen the worst. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about, just to eliminate dairy from my diet and if that worked to keep the blood from showing in his stool, then I was to stay away from dairy and reintroduce it and check to see that he was tolerating it.
    mommeehunnybee

Answer by mommeehunnybee at 10:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009