4 day fever

my daughter is 17 months old> on monday she woke up in the middle of the night with a 101.1 fever. idnd't htink anything of it. Then since then she has gotten fevers all the time 103.6 is the highest. She has a nasty cough( sounds like she's an old man who has smoked his whole life) she has snot all over everytime she coughs or sneezes it's everywhere. The doctor said it's just a normal flu but she's had a fever for 4 days and she's miserable. IDK what to do. I have no insurance or anything. HELP!!!!

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 3:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is the fever going down any with tylenol? She could have croup on top of the flu which can lead to pneumonia if you aren't careful. If you're too worried take her to the ER.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Is there a free clinic you can go to? My son had a fever Monday and Tuesday that wouldn't go away either, it ended up being an ear infection and I had no idea (he's not quite 4 months so doesn't pull on his ears). Otherwise try to take him to the clinic, they will try to work out payment plans with you later. You need to look out for your child.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009