For all~ How many of you practiced the Christian Faith before switching to what you believe in now?

Ok You know I never ask questions here but this is one I wanted to ask out of curiosity.

I really want to know how many of you practiced the Christian faith before switching to what you believe in now. Please can you also state what denomination you were and the religion you are now? Thanks Ladies! :-) If this was asked before I apologize!

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was a member of the LDS church or "mormons" They do consider them selves to be christian... then I went to a non-denominational christian church, but it still just didn't match how I felt and believed.... I am not looking into reformed judaism, and also pagan/wiccan beliefs... I like to research and learn about other religions, but mostly we are agnostic/borderline atheist...
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 3:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• oops. and to edit my first statement "i am NOW looking into reformed judaism and pagan/wiccan beliefs" not not....lol... can't type
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 3:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Former Catholic married to a former non-denom bible study type Christian
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was raised in the Presbyterian church and in 7th and 8th grade attended a catholic school (not because of the "catholic" part...it's a long story). I am currently a pantheist which is a nature-based belief
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was raised Roman Catholic. My mother, who is an ex-nun, was vehement that we were NOT "christians", however...lol. We were Catholic. (I didn't get it either) Anyway, now I'm atheist. My mom is surprisingly cool with it. She's pretty awesome.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 3:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I never practiced the Christian faith, though I looked into it along with other religions as a teen. I am Neopagan.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• DH and I were both raised southern baptist
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Deadheadjen, that is AWESOME that your Mom who is an ex-nun is cool with you being an Atheist.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was raised in the Presbyterian Church. I'm now agnostic atheist.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was brought up Pentecostal-in Assembly of God churches. it was fine when I was a kid and was in sunday school- but when I had to go to regular services (Sunday night) it was a very scary thing for me. *they speak in tongues and fall down in the isles and whatnot. When I was in high school, I took Mythology my senior year and my parents were not thrilled. That was really where I decided that church/ Christianity wasn't my thing. I am now Atheist and married to one.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009