Questions About CNA Classes

I Was Wanting To Join CNA Classes But Was Wondering How Much It Costs? Another Thing If Anyone On Here Is A CNA ...Is It Worth Doing Financially,How Hard Is The Job As Well Because I Become Attached To People I Am Around For Long Periods of Times And Don't Know How It Would Feel To Work Where You never Know If The Person Will Live Another Week....Seems Like It Would Be Heart Breaking.

Kelly_Motherof2

Asked by Kelly_Motherof2 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't remember the exact cost but it wasn't bad. Death will be part of it b/c you will most likely be working in a nursing home. It can be physically demanding depending on where you work. I started when I was a few months pregnant with my first and so I diddn't last there that long (their choice not mine) but went back to a different nursing home when my oldest was a few months old.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Some state you dont even need to take the classes, you can just study the books and take the test.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Don't they make near minimum wage? You should set your sights higher.
    Anonymous

• I took my class back in 2006 for free. for 3 months. if u have to pay for it go higher some cnas dont make alot and some i kno make close to $20/hr. (in ny) over all go for ur lpn its much better
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 3:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009