How did you end up owning your pet?

My Mom's ex-husbands friend found a litter of kittens and the momma in an alley behind target and took them home. My little sister wanted one so my Mom allowed her to get one. Well of course a 7 year old has fun with the cat for a few days then finds something better to do. I on the otherhand was 16 and loved the kitty. He became mine and now he is my 25lbs fat lazy frank!

p.s. he is on a diet. 25lbs is him skinny! lol

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pets

• I was sick and tired of being left at home alone while my husband was off on field exercises and deployments, so I decided to get a big, scary, intimidating-looking dog. And I wound up with the sweetest, most gentle dog ever, haha! He loves my daughter, loves the cats, loves everyone!

SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• All 3 of our dogs are rescue dogs, and are purebred. They are such awesome dogs, I don't know how anyone could have not wanted them. I also feel if you can't commit to an animal then you shouldn't bother getting one. It should be illegal to breed animals to sell them. They aren't toys..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Oh, also my dog is a rescue. I didn't get him from the pound or animal shelter but that's where he would have gone if I hadn't taken him. His family was moving and couldn't take him with them. He's a Pit Bull/Boxer mix.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I love my cat! and I dont own him...he owns me LOL. I was living in an apartment at the time and chilling in the front with some friends drinking beer and chillin. I heard a cat meowing in distress and I meowed back and he came running to me as if he found his mom...I was pretty surprised my meow was that good lol. I gave him some milk and since that day he was always hangin around the apartment (pets werent allowed). well one day I thought I'd let him IN my apartment which I knew wasnt such a good idea since pets werent allowed and I was on a tight budget as it was, but anyways he was cautious but went inside and left soon after. a few days later after I came home from work he was napping outside my door. He came right in when I opened the door and he was my little house mate since! I soon moved out and the next home was pet friendly and we have been together ever since (so for about 3 years now)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I went and bought her. That's all. :(
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well my cat we rescued when he was only 5 weeks old. My dog, we got her from a puppy rescue place that took her out of an abandoned home (she was 7 weeks old)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Tes: next time, you should rescue an animal from a shelter. They get puppies and kittens all the time (especially in the spring and summer) and a lot of times they have pure bred dogs. They have all their shots and are spayed or neutered before leaving the shelter too, so it's actually cheaper for you!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• They don't give me enough space to write mine
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Both of my animals are rescue, My dog was about to be put down, and I walked into the pound and she was to be put down the next day, instead she came home with me. My cat was too small to be in the pound so I adopted her and fed her with a bottle until she was big enough to eat cat food and never looked back. I have never bought a pet from a breeder mainly because there are far too many animals without homes that will be put to sleep.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 4:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I spent over 4 years researching dog breeds and deciding exactly what I wanted in a dog. I finally decided a corgi was right for our lifestyle. Then I set out thinking I would get a lovely little corgi pup in a few days. WRONG! I found dozens of breeders with corgis...all several hundreds of miles and a half dozen states away! One breeder was only about 100 miles away, but after touring her facility we decided against buying one of her pups. THEN we found out there are TWO types of Welsh Corgi's The Pembroke (tailless little red dog everybody knows about) and the Cardigan. I'd never heard of Cardigan Welsh Corgis. Turns out they are "the corgi with the tail". We finally located a suitable breeder only 350 miles away and got our adorable little fellow, Tucker. He's a male (neutered now) brindle cardi corgi and the best dog we have ever had!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009