HOW TO SLEEP THROUGHT NIGHT

my son is 6 months old,he still wake me up for bottle every 2-3 hours,how can i make him sleep longer??

Yuki85

Asked by Yuki85 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is still in your room try moving him to a different room. Otherwise it just depends on the baby. My first didn't sleep through the night until 11 months when he moved into his own room. I think waking up and seeing mom and smelling my milk made him get up but when he couldn't see me or smell my milk (I was ebf) he slept better and so did I.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well..there are two methods that i have tried personally, but there are more options so keep an open mind. you could cosleep and just pop out the boob when it's time for baby to nurse so that you can get some sleep in the meanwhile, he'll stay asleep and you can sleep too. the other takes a lot of patience and strength, the CIO method. just lay baby down in the crib and take away anything that doesn't need to be in there. if baby likes to be swaddled EVEN BETTER! take a deep breath and walk a way. just walk a way. but don't attempt this without reading up on the Ferber method or you may end up doing more harm than good. but like i said, there are more possibilities out there so just google up some possibilities and see which works best for you and baby
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i have been getting alot of advice from my personal friends that have been telling me to add a little of the rice cereal to baby's formula. they always tell me to add a teaspoon or 2 to 6-8 oz. of bottle. baby will sleep longer, because he/she is full longer.
    Candice1983

Answer by Candice1983 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No cereal in formula without a doctor's directive.

And be aware that it doesn't make them sleep.

Indeed, nothing can make him sleep longer except his own readiness. When something "works" it's because the baby was ready...and would have slept longer regardless.

Like walking, sleeping is not something you can forfce. If he's sleeping five hours straight, that's clinically considered sleeping through the night. Your Mommy Contract obligates you to never getting eight hours again anyway. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 6:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• "they always tell me to add a teaspoon or 2 to 6-8 oz. of bottle. baby will sleep longer, because he/she is full longer. "

Just FYI...we tried straight cereal... MORE waking. Cereal is carbs which elevate blood sugar. When the sugar drops, baby wakes up sooner than he might have otherwise.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• HE'S STILL A *BABY*!!

HE'LL SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT WHEN *HE* IS READY TO!!!!
    Anonymous