Whats the best way to freshen up after sex??? cause I was told not to douch while I was pregnant??? Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um....you're not supposed to douche EVER. It gets rid of the good bacteria that fights infections.
    The best way is to go pee, then use a baby wipe or a washcloth and just give yourself a good wipe.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No douching, ever.

Sarah's advice is dead on.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Douching period ois not healthy. It removes normal flora and causes more problems than it solves. After sex ..first urinate. After you urinatebare down like to push when having a BM..this willhelp push semen out of the vagina. After that a little soap and water, or a summers eve wipe. If you aren't expelling any semen then your muscles are weak and you need to be doing more kegels.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I use baby wipes? Your not suppose to douche at all any ways. At least that is what I have heard.

Answer by louise2 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• you can go pea an then take a shower and use a bar of soap an bend over an reach up an in an scrub that way works good for me an i dont stink!!! good luck never douch though but i heard vingur in a warm tub help a yeast infection when pregnant maybe it will help take the smell away but not to sure
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009