Is anyone missing a loved one this holiday?

My mom died of ovarian cancer on Aug.4,2008. I am the second of five children. All my siblings had kids except me. My mom was so happy when I told her I was finally pregnant at 37 yrs.old (after IVF). However, my mom's cancer got worse and worse. The closer I came to my due date the sicker she got. She spent my last two trimesters in the hospital. She died and the next day I had my beautiful, healthy, and happy baby while her rosary services were going on and the next day during the funeral and burial, I was still in the hospital. It was so sad, but we got to say our goodbyes and she said she would always be with me and she was going to be my baby's guardian angel. It was so difficult for me as a new mom without my mom. I had a difficult c-sect.I felt awful and so so sad. I prayed everyday for God to help me get through the days and nights. I miss my mom so much every single day, especially during the holiday season.

Eliza247

Asked by Eliza247 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• I hear ya!! My Dad died on Nov. 4, 1991. I miss him TERRIBLY every day!! Then I lost my Gramps about 5 years ago to Testicular/abdominal cancer. It makes the holidays very sad for me... knowing my kids won't have what I had with my Grampa!!

If she told you she planned on being your childs guardian angel you rest assured she is!! ;o) (((((hugs))))) to you, I know it sucks, but you are so not alone!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I hear you too! I lost my MIL on Nov.10,2006. She loved Christmas as much as I do. It's hard b/c my dd will never know her grandma we were already 41 when we had her she is only 7 day so she was only about 4.. I just try and keep her alive for my dh and my dd so that when Holidays do come around I always say things like you know these Angels were from Grandma or Grandma used to do this or that so that maybe my dd won't forget who she was. I know everyday my dh misses his mom and I only had a few short yrs with her b/4 she left us. But I'll tell you something she was one of the best women and MIL'S around always making a person feel welocme to her life and her home.
    Just know that your Mom is there with you. It has to be hard not having your mom when you want and need advice.
    If there is ever anytimeyou'd like to talk or anything just pm I'll listen Hugs=)
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My MIL died in Jan. of 2009. This is the first holiday season we will have without her. My SIL was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer in Feb. of 09. We are trying to come to grips that this will probably be her last holiday season. She has 4 children and 3 grandchildren. It will be somber this year I think.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son died April of 2009, so this our first without as well.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my grandma has been gone for 7 yrs now and I still miss her and wish she was here during the holidays
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Both of my parents. Dad's been gone four years, Mom for almost three. She died shortly after Christmas, and in her last card promised to watch over us forever.

I remember them now by making all the holiday foods they used to make. I even get tempted to buy some baccala (Italian salt cod) in my dad's memory, although he was the ONLY one in the family who liked the stuff!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My niece passed Oct. 29th 2000, my grandma passed on May 1, 2008 and then my grandpa passed on Sept. 7th 2009.
    3wonderfullboys

Answer by 3wonderfullboys at 10:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009