Any point in bringing mistake to merchant's attention?

I had family memorabilia framed for about $90. At a later date, I returned to the same frame shop to have more memorabilia framed. The frame was to have identical size and materials to the first. I brought in the original to show them, and the original order was still in their computer. After a few weeks I picked up the new item, also about $90. At home I discovered that the new item is 1 inch smaller in height and width than the first frame. The frame shop owner had commented that it was hard to fit the items in the dimensions of the original. Obviously, she didn't realize the mistake. Is it worth contacting her to mention it? I don't know if there is anything to be gained. I doubt she'd re-frame for free. It doesn't look bad, since the frame and mat materials match. However, I wouldn't mind if she offered me a discount on some future job...

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• I would bring it to her attention! You paid 90$ for something the wrong size! Just call her and kindly explain the situation to her, ask her if she could either fix it, or give you a discount on a future item. Especially if you like her work. Now, if it really isn't a problem for you- then I'd just call her to let her know, and see what she says, then go from there.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• YOu have nothing to lose if you are nice about it and have realistic expectations.....it would be a converstation! If she offers you a discount on a future order, great. If not, no harm done.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009