possible miscarriage or late period?

okay, so i was supposed to start my period on the 13th. It didn't come until last night which was the 19th. A few weeks ago, i had light spotting. It never reached my panties; it was just there when i wiped. It was a light pink, bright red at first, but by the end of the day it was just a brown discharge.

my periods haven't been irregular since i had my son in may and im just concerned.
does it sound like i'm going through a miscarriage or am i just having a late period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually sounds like implant bleeding... take a prego test. If it were a miscarriage you would know. You don't bleed a little you bleed ALOT. I mean like either thinking of actually going to the hospitally, and it hurts. Could just be a late light period though.
    Anonymous

• I'm the person that posted the question. The bleeding im having now is pretty heavy; like the bleeding i would have on the first day of my period.

& i would say my cramps are a little worse than usual.
    I don't understand why my period would come a week later though whenever i'm normally on schedule.
    Anonymous

• its either late period or a chemical pregnancy, meaning you nearly implant but because something is wrong with the fetus, it never implants. it may not add up with what you are experiencing. but if it gets bad enough go see a dr.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Sounds like just a late period and even if you might have been pregant and now you're body is getting rid of it you wouldn't be far along to need to go in I don't think. There wouldn't be a baby there yet.
    Anonymous