Bench press. Do any of you know how much you can barbell bench press? Or dumbbell? What's the heaviest lift you've ever done for ANY exercise? Any goals? (also posted in D&F)

I'm really into lifting, I know not a lot of women bench press but I'm just curious.

I can bench 135lbs (the bar and a 45lb plate on each side) for 6 reps, and 145lbs for 4 reps. My one rep max is about 155-160lbs. I REALLY want to be able to do 200lbs some day! For dumbbell bench press I can do 2 50lb dumbbells for 6 reps.

My heaviest lift is leg press. I can leg press 600lbs for 12 reps, my estimated 1 rep max is 825lbs. My goal is a 1,000 lb max.

Oh and I'm 5'9.5" 140lbs.

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 4:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In high school I could bench press 155
    It was the highest for girls in my school LOL
    I am better at leg presses tho I canleg press just about any weight.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I haven't done a bench press in like, 6 years, but back then, at 5'9", 140 lbs, I could bench 120. Leg press, I could do 1020 lbs - but only once, lol. I've never had much in the upper-body strength dept.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That's pretty good ladies! I've never seen a girl in my current gym bench more then 65lbs!

In college there were only 2 girls out of all the athletics teams that could bench more then me and the both weighed a lot more!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hmm... well I work at UPS as a loader- I can lift a 60lb box over my head. When I did bench press I could bench my own weight - 120 lbs. Leg presses... probably about 600 also. I don't work out, my job is a workout! (I load about 1,000-3,000 boxes weighing anywhere from 1 lb to 150lbs into trailer tractors everyday for 4 hours)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Wow, that is awesome! My husband has weights, a bench, barbells, and all that stuff and works out regularly, but I have never done it in my life. I'm not a very strong person and I have a bad back, but I think it is so awesome that a woman can lift as much as a man. Way to go girl!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2009