My 3 month old just got diagnosed with Exima(Misspelled)

This morning I took my daughter to the clinic because she had this rash looking thing on her cheecks. The doctor did not know what it was until he called another doctor and she was able to recognize the rash as Exima (misspelled).
They told me to buy this lotion called Eucerin and to apply it 2x a day. I was wondering if anyone knew what else I could use to make it go away???

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its very common, and its not a disorder or a rash, its just dry skin. It gets worse in really cold weather, or if youre using water that is too hot in her bath. Using fragrence, dye, and medication free lotion will make it better. Also try and only wash her a few times a week when she really needs it. Natural skin oils help with dry skin tremendously.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 4:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thanks for everyones help. I only bath her maybe at most 3x a week
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Eczema doesn't just go away. It is an on going disorder. My hubby has is and the best thing he has found is in fact Eucerin cream
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• eczema can just be temporary or a full blown disaster. my son got his eczema from his father but thankfully his only came up when he was a baby but his skin does dry very easily. his father on the other hand had a bad case of eczema that spread all over, it got so bad that his feet cracked and bled every time he forgot to lotion them and walked. eucerin helps a lot a lot, eucerin aquaphor, but there are generics out there that works just the same. baby will either out grow it or keep having it. i'm sorry there's nothing else i can tell you.
    Anonymous

• Most kids will grow out of this before they start kindergarten. However some have it for life. Keep the area clean as if there are any open cracks and dirt gets in it can be painful. Use the Eucerin but know that it is very greasy. It's best to use at bedtime. Aveno baby works as well, it's oat based not oil. Stay away from lotion where the first ingredient is water, that will just soak in and not really do anything.

Don't give her really hot baths. Get one of those ducks that turn red if the water is to hot and blue when it's to cold. Make sure the duck stay's yellow.

Other than that, she will be fine. :)
    Karamae

Answer by Karamae at 5:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Excema. If you are breastfeeding, stop eating dairy. Keep baths short, infrequent and tepid. Coconut oil is very effective for excema.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• eczema, my d dhas had it sicne she was 2 mts, sheis now 33 mts,. i used avenno products, keep her bath shorts and cool. she is also in prescription medication for it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Eczema. Plain old vaseline will help. Slather it on right after a bath to keep moisture in. Oatmeal baths help with the itch.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009