Would you let your 5 year old son take ballroom dancing?

My son loves to dance, we were watching dancing with the stars, and he said he wanted to do that. He wants to take classes

I am not asking because I don't think boys should I just wonder if he is to young to start that kind of dance

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 5:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would let my son do, try and explore whatever he wants as long as its good for him. its great that he wants to try something new and interesting at a young age, get him started now so that he can figure out his passion early on in life and try many different things!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If he wanted to, yes.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• For sure! It's really good for their coordination, and teaches rhythm. Look around your area, I'm sure they have classes for kids. If not take it together and be his partner!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 5:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That would be cool if my son wanted to learn that stuff.
    When I was in junior high they made us all take a "Cotillion" class which taught us various dances and social activities. I hated it (we had to dress up and stuff). But I learned to waltz and the cha cha and to swing dance (that was the only fun thing about the class). Not enough people know how to do those things any more.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009