Catholics(maybe all Christians) Do you read the bible everyday or meditate on the reading from Sunday the entire week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• anybody who does that seriously needs to get a life, lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I read the daily reading then read the Sunday ones before Mass. I have a very full life Thank you.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I also try to read the daily readings each day - and I do read and meditate on the Sunday readings before Sunday. I also have a pretty full life ;-)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think we should try to read the Bible every day and study study the teachings. It is what makes our lives worth living. Otherwise I would be a rude purple butterfly like the first poster.
    ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 7:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• oops only 1 study
    ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 7:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i'm not catholic but i do read the bible daily. our church has a bible reading plan. also i do sometimes go back and look over the scriptures from what our pastor preached on.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I read my Bible every day. I have a full life as well, I would venture to say even more full than if I did not read the Word of God faithfully.
    Anonymous

• No I do not read my bible everyday and wish I did, I have no desire to because whenever I read the bible it speaks differently to me wthen how I was raised so I need someone to teach it to me and walk through it with me.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think it's quite obvious that purpulbutterfly doesn't read the bible. Can you please quit being so rude to everyone?
    Anonymous

• rhanford - that's why you should read it yourself. especially if it's showing you some things u were lead to believe as truth and ur finding that u were taught incorrectly. i know u've been questioning alot and u need to do the research and not depend blindly on what someone else tells you. pray and ask God to show you and help you understand His word by His Holy Spirit and He will. The more you read the more you'll desire to read and dig to learn more. I will suggest using more than one translation... besides the KJV or NKJV... i would suggest New American Standard, New Living Translation, Amplified (u don't have to buy them but u can go to biblegateway.com and read the bible online for free) also a good bible dictionary and a strongs concordance.
    Anonymous