My Brother is 44 in lives in my Mom's basement.

My brother is 44 Bi and lives in my moms basement. He doesn't seem to want to move out anytime soon. He has his degree and can't seem to find a decent job. He just bought a Mercedes. 6 months ago he got busted with Marijuana and my mom had to spend 10 grand on a lawyer for him. While he buys a fancy car and spends his money on expensive clothes. I'm in my 20's, but I'm just wondering why he doesn't want more out of life at 44. Seems like he just don't care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like your mom is an enabler and he is lazy
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well anyone that's gone 44 years having their ass wiped for them isn't just going to go out one day, buy some toilet paper, and say, "Hey! I can do this myself!". If he doesn't have a REASON to get off his ass and do more with himself, he's not going to. Your mom needs to wake up and realize her little boy is now a grown ass man that is almost half a century old and let him fall on his face, pick himself up, and learn to do for himself. He needs responsibilities and a swift kick in the ass IMO. Sorry this pisses me off for you because my brother is 21 and I see him heading in that same direction and I've had to earn everything in life and he never had to work for anything. I feel your frustration, but at least you know that you're doing better for yourself than he is. You know that you are contributing to society and aren't just wasting space leeching off your mommy. lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Oh Wow. That is all I can say.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well your mom has allowed him to be a loser living in her basement. She can kick him out at anytime he will either land on his feet or in a homeless shelter either way he will learn his free ride is over. Parents who raise their kids right don't have this happen. My kids are 30, 28 and 26. They moved out went to college and began their lives. They have never moved back in with me and never would. We raised them to be mature adults not adult toddlers. Your mom probably likes having him there and won't do a thing to help him grow as a person.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry.. what was the question?

mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Mz Erica03, why are you being rude? Go eat another cake and leave people alone fatty.
    Anonymous

• LMAO! I never checked back on this... and I wasn't trying to be rude so I apologize for coming across that way. I just didn't know if you were asking for advice or if you just needed to vent. I wanted to offer some words of advice or encouragement to you. Eh.. anyway, back to my cake. Good luck to you.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010