OK I need a new battier for my laptop.What knid do I buy to ex. life?

Ok I hace a acer and the canettion point is very hot! I am perty sure I need a new battery. I tested the cord the cord is fine. If I am wrong please tell me.

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 5:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Technology

• If the battery won't run it for at least half an hour, you need a new battery. The battery needs to be the same one that is already in there, so go thru acer or tigerdirect.com has them, and lets you enter all the info and will tell you exactly what battery you need.

If it runs the same amount of time as always on the battery, then the problem is the power supply.

This is all per my boyfriend, so if any info is wrong, it's his fault. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Ok Tell him thank u. When I put the cord it I really have to play with it to get it to register with th e computer.
    Would that still be the battery?
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 5:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• He says no. It's either the connector on the motherboard, which would mean a new laptop, or it's the cord itself.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• A Tartersause!!!!!!!( as my 5 year old say!!

I know it is not the cord it is the thing between battery adn the cord. Can I replace that?

I am Praying!
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 6:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Shoot, I just got off the phone with him. He'll be calling me back in a little while, and I will ask him then.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thanks hun. Man if u lived here I would so make his favoit cookies!!!
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• He says you would have to replace the entire motherboard, and that is more expensive than just replacing the laptop. He says that if you know someone who is very, very technically minded, they might be able to solder it, but it's very delicate and difficult to do.

Sorry, hun. Wish it was better news. :(
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• He just said you can try taking it to a local mom and pop type computer shop in your area, and tell them you think it's the connector between the power cord and the laptop, and can they fix it or replace the motherboard, and how much. Then compare that with buying a new one. He also says that if you buy a new one (and he says you should try to buy it from the mom and pop), take it to the mom and pop place and have them transfer all your stuff onto the new one.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• we have a mom and pop but they do not sell them where eles should I go for the best buy?
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 6:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Probably Walmart. I've price shopped elsewhere, but in the end, Walmart is always the best deal.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009