What baby naming trend to you hate the most?

I'm SOOOOOOOO sick of all the names ending in -aidan, -ayden, -aiden, -aidyn (of any other spelling with the same pronunciation!) Aidan, Jayden, Hayden, Zaiden, Caiden, Brayden, etc.

I also hate double and triple middle names, unless they are two family names that you REALLY want to use, but there is still NO excuse for triple middle names! You kid doesn't need 5 names!

The last thing that annoys me is "unique" spellings for boring common names. I think the only way you could make the name Jennifer worse is to spell it Ginaphyr or something ridiculous like that. You've already cursed you kid with a boring popular name now you're going to make them have to spell it all the time? Sorry but it doesn't make it more unique, when you call little Emma or Aidan at the play ground 5 kids will still come running!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I cant stand the whole Aidan trend.
    I hate when twins have matching names.
    Normal names that are spelled crazy like Alexxxys (yes iv seen someone use 3 x's!!!) i actually like little changes in names but this is over the top ridiculous.
    I hate when someone gives their child more then one middle name.
    i hate when people name their kid only to use their middle name as a first name. (i dont care your reasoning, its stupid)
    I hate "Ghetto fabulous" names like LaQuanda, DeShawndra etc.......
    Virtuous names like Grace that are WAY OVERUSED
    I hate when parents give all their kids the same middle name!
    I cant stand when parents name their kids after Themselves! Conceited much!?!! Get over yourself!
    I hate food names. Candy, Muffin , Cajun, Ambrosia (look in baby NAME books not COOKBOOKS)
    I HATE that people are trying to be creative by spelling names backwards ex: NEVAEH! yuk

sorry this turned out longer than i thought
    Anonymous

• :-( Well! Tell us how you really feel!
    Anonymous

• LOL you're mean!
    I don't like the super unquiey names that you never know what is says. The say what do you think about the name _____. And I look at it and cant figure out how to say it! Not cool.
    Anonymous

• I do have to agree I was really irritated by the nevaeh phenomenon and it really had to piss off the one creative person who came up with it when 20,000 other children where named it. I don't mind a little creativity change one letter or something but I agree the whole ginapher type spelling was SOOOO annoying. Also people who name their kids after celebrities or celebrity kids especially if the name is Apple or Airplain Pilot
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I like this! I don't have any common pet peeves but I know what you are saying.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There are 6 little girls in my son class named Kaylee. Seriously what is with the names that end like that. My neighbor named her girls Kayleigh, Bayleigh, Zayleigh, Rayleigh and Jayleigh. It is amusing. She has two sons also named Aiden and Jaiden.lol We call her Miss Trendy. Her dogs names are muffy and miffy.lo.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I am not a fan of the crazy spellings either. I think it's cruel and makes the parents look uneducated. I really am not a fan either of when people knowlingly name their kid one of the top 5 names. These kids will probably have to always use their last initial or have a special nickname so when they call out Isabella or Emma to the class, that 7 children don't come running.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If someone is trying to be unique , I think its ok. I just get annoyed by the "trendy" people naming their kids angelina just cause of the actress or junk like that. Or the in thing is to name your kids these weird ass names so people jump on the bandwagon. Very annoying
    Anonymous

• anon :40.... that is SOOOOO sad if that's true!

(that's what I mean though, Kaylee is still going to be boring and trendy whether you spell it Kailey, Kaylee, Kaleigh, Kaeli, or what ever else you come up with. Like I said, you may thing "Kaeli" is such a unique spelling, but when you call her at the park Kailey, Kaylee, Kaleigh, Caelie, and Caylie are all still going to come running!)

-OP
    Anonymous

• OH I have a good one. I hate when people name their kids a name that doesn't match their gender. Ie: Why in the world do women name their daughter Tyler or Michael? Those are BOY NAMES. If you want them to have a gender neutral name, go with something like Samantha and call them Sam. Something else I hate, why do you name your kid "Robert Michael" and call him Michael? Why don't you just name him Michael??
    Anonymous