How do you deal with the mommy guilt?

Be honest--everyone has had some form of it at some point or another =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Guilt? About...? Becoming a mom? I'm confused on the question..
    Anonymous

• I am being honest and I feel no guilt. What do you feel guilty about? We love our kids and do the best we can for them why would we feel any guilt?
    Anonymous

• I have never felt guilty about being a mom...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I feel guilty when I leave her alone with a someone else so me and hubby can get out. Im having a really hard time with going to start one or two days a week in daycare starting Jan when this baby is born. I know it will be good for her and me but want to know how to deal with that kind of guilt, but no other guilt from me.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I adopted the attitude that guilt was reserved for murderers.

So the last time I felt guilty was when I accidentally parboiled our goldfish when trying to give them clean water.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I never felt guilt. I guess I tried to do the best I could all the time. I always knew I'd have goof ups, and I knew they'd scream "I hate you" sometimes. Oh well. (I always yelled back "yea? Well, i love you") But they're 29 & 27, and we all love each other, so we apparently got over it..
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i feel guilty sometimes when stupid things make me feel like im not as good of a mom as i want to be, or when i have my mom watch him so i can get out of the house, or that his father is a piece of shit, stuff like that .. but hey guilt is a part of life
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I feel "mommy guilt" every time someone tells me that my son isn't being raised right. And i cry about it, and complain to my hubby. No joke. i'm trying to get over all the stuff it's just hard when women are always ragging on you saying your not doing a good job, especially when it's your MIL. So I feel "guilty" a lot of times, because I want to raise a healthy child and don't allow him any sweets and such. but it's how we chose to raise him and I'm trying to remember that when women give me a hard time. He's one for goodness sakes
    Anonymous

• Depends on what you mean by mommy's guilt. To me its that mysterious syndrome my mom had when she wouldn't buy herself something new because she felt like it could be better spent elsewhere. Such as the time she spent a whole hour trying on new clothes, was ready to purchase them but then complained the line (of 3 people, at a store in the mall) was too long to wait to purchase them. Or how she went for 20 years with the same swimsuit because she wouldn't buy herself a new one.

I have had it, but luckily for me, my DH gives me "permission" and then I feel like I can. He rolls his eyes at this but I need for someone else to give me the thumbs up!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 6:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Its not always perfect and hopefully you will start fresh tomorrow. It matters what you do to turn your losses upside down. Change tomorrow for the better.......thats how I do it.

My friends little boy speaks great and Im like ok Im not consistant enough. BUT my children have good manners and they hug alot. I love that more! Take the good with the bad I guess.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009