I deleted my friends b/c they're friends w/my mom...

I haven't spoken to my mom in 5 months. I don't want any ties to her. I don't even want her seeing what I post on my friends' FB pages. I saw that they were friends w/her on there so I deleted them. Is that immature? Wrong? Justified? I don't know. I feel bad about it but I didn't want to put them in the middle. Instead of talking to them about it, I just made the decision for them and explained myself on MySpace, where I'm still friends with them.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 5:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• If you're still friends with them on myspace, who cares? You didn't delete them from your life, just from facebook for pete's sake. They should be able to understand that.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Immature
    Anonymous

• Wow yea a little immature, doing this just shows how much you are allowing this to affect you.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 5:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• immature. they arent being put in the middle as long as you or your mom dont make it that way. I dont want anything to do with my ex fiance but his wife and I are friends on facebook because we were friends before he and I broke up. we never talk about him but about motherhood or other general things which is why we still get along.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well in a nutshell it has affected me greatly, and my friends are aware of this, yet they still chose to be friends with her on there.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Sometimes we need to build new families our of close friends; blood does not always equal love and support.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Your mother must have done something horrible to you and I'm sorry that you feel you need to completely cut her out of your life. I've done the same. Best choice I've ever made.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Do what you feel is right.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yeah we still keep in touch through myspace and occasionally the phone. I used to consider them my best friends but we've distanced since I joined the Navy and became a mom and a wife. They're in IL and I'm in VA so I guess it was just bound to happen.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Just depends on why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2009