Anyone have a dog allergic to febreze?

everytime i use febreze he goes into a sneezing fit, what do you use instead if your doggie is allergic

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 5:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pets

• You know...one of my little dogs sneezes with any room spray too, all brands though, not just Febreeze. It never crossed my mind that he is allergic. I'm curious to see what answers you receive as well.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 8:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My dog sneezes when I use Lysol. I never thought about it being allergies either. I keep using it, but make sure she's in another room when I spray it.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• How heavy are you spraying the febreeze? It may not be allergies at all just sensitive to it. I react the same way to certain fragrances and i am not allergic.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I did...if I used Fabreeze and she would lay on the couch she would break out. I found a spray with no fragrence, no dyes, and all that. I can't remember the name. My doggie was more important than Fabreeze lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Not Febreeze but I have an English Bulldog that is allergic to those plug-in's room freshener things. He gets hot spots on his fur and itchy all over. Guess I'm just stuck having a house that smells like dog....lol.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Well for myself.....I think that I was spraying it too heavily and since they have sensitive noses I think I set him off. No more Febreeze in the house with the mini pin. I am positive my daschund is allergic to bees though....he snapped at one in the summer and it stung the inside of his mouth and he broke out in hives. It was really odd to see him with hives....we called it going 'bump city'...poor guy!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 4:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I currently have two dogs, Around every time that we pack to leave somewhere she breaks out in hives, we thought it was stress due to the fact that she was abandoned as a puppy, the other day I was doing some spring cleaning and used febreze (for our family this it totally out of the ordinary) with in hours she was in hives, the other dog was just fine. I then tried the febreze again and the hives came back, without a doubt in my mind the febreeze did it. It was an allergic reaction, just like people some dogs have it others don't. I will not be buying febreze for my dogs again.
    libberstein

Answer by libberstein at 3:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010