Help....My daughter still wakes up at night for a bottle

My 10 and a half month old daughter is still waking up twice a night for a bottle. I have tried not giving it to her but she cries until I give in. What can I do? I am open for any suggestions.....the dr says if she really is hungry I should feed her but is she just doing it out of habit?

AngJoline

Asked by AngJoline at 6:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd treat it as real hunger for now. It's not at all unusual for babies to keep waking even past the first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think you might be right gdiamante
    AngJoline

Answer by AngJoline at 6:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My 10 month old does that too. So I have started watering down his milk at night. We are up to 4.5 oz of water to 0.5 oz of milk. So soon he will be just on water at night. So far he has gone from waking 3-4 times a night to once, maybe twice a night.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• DD still woke up to nurse until she was 16 or 17 months. She woke up twice a night till probably 14 months.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If she's taking a full bottle, she still needs it.

You can try upping the food during the day. REAL food, not baby food. Sometimes that works for older babies.
    Anonymous

• My oldest son was still waking up 4 times a night for a bottle until I took it away at 13 months. He started sleeping though the night then. I have a 4 year old that still wakes up almost every night, and she hasn't had a bottle since 12 months. If your baby wants a bottle, give it to her.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My daughter is almost 10 months and wakes up 1-2x a night still for a bottle. My dr said as long as she just takes the bottle and goes back to bed it's probably hunger. She recommended at around 15 months try switching to water and then my daughter will start realizing it's not a reward to wake up. I guess we'll see if she's still waking up then!
    jessies09

Answer by jessies09 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thank you all so much for your answers :)
    AngJoline

Answer by AngJoline at 6:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009