Another bribe and it is right there in the bill

Seems there is a nice tribute to Mary Landreau and Louisiana. 100 million dollars for her state because they had the bad luck of being hit by Katrina at the same time as having a stupid Governor and an idiot mayor. I wish the people of Loisiana would grow some balls and tell her they will not accept bribe money and will vote her out of the senate.
What do you think about bribes like this? Should they even be legal?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I read that on Drudge last night. Almost posted a question but the average lib will ignore it anyway.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The floods that hit up here in Iowa killed people and destroyed many lives no one is giving us a bucket load of money. Brad Pitt didn't come up here and help rebuild people forgot. My area had a tornado just days before the flooding that wiped out a neighboring town too. We were hurting and had to do it ourselves. New Orleans has been given more than enough to fix their state and this is pissing me off they will get more just to buy their Sentator. Fing ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I read about this, too! First thing I thought of was that LA was not the only state affected by Katrina. And, Katrina was not the only disaster that has happened in this country. I almost feel like telling my senators to hold out for $100 million. But, since one of them has family who works for SEIU, I really doubt that will ever happen. It is pathetic how, if this is such a good bill, senators have to be so blatantly bribed and bought.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• because they had the bad luck of being hit by Katrina at the same time as having a stupid Governor and an idiot mayor.

***

Who was RE-ELECTED after Katrina--by the people he left behind, as he high tailed it to Texas!! 

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• STealing all your ideas from Drudge not a biased source at all *ahem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• 9:35 STealing all your ideas from Drudge not a biased source at all *ahem

***

Perhaps HUFFINGTON POST (linking to BLOOMBERG) is more believable?! LOL...Now I know why some people insist on being anon. It has nothing to do with "stalkers" and everything to do with stupidity! :o)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/20/mary-landrieu-wooed-to-ba_n_365954.html

"Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu, one of three lawmakers being wooed by Democratic leaders to back health-care legislation, won the inclusion of an extra $100 million in federal aid for low-income people in her state."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009