Swine and flu shot for my son

Okay i have a 3 month old son, and i wasnt sure if i should get him the swin anf flu shot. i called the health distric and they said i can as long as i am getting on. Do u think it will hurt him?

Jaydensmommy127

Asked by Jaydensmommy127 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to everything I've read and my pediatrician none of the swine flu or seasonal flu vaccines are recommended to babies under 6 months old. My daughter is also 3 months old and my husband and I both got the seasonal flu and swine vaccines.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Don't do it girl! I'm not. We never get the flu shot either! I have an 14 month old and a 7 year old and we are not doing it. Its not airborne thing. She would have to touch someone who has it and put her fingers in her mouth or get sneezed on by someone who has it and put her fingers in her mouth. The risk of getting her the shot is not really worth it.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• He has to be 6 months old, so it's a moot point now anyway.
    Anonymous

• It is not offered to babies under 6 months old. So don't. Just make sure you and everybody that sees the baby washes their hands before they touch him. They should be doing that anyway. I probably was my hands 20 times a day, but my baby and me have not been sick at all. And just don't take him out where there are a lot of people like the mall and stores. God knows how many people, sick or not sick, touch shopping carts, baskets, doors, merchandise and so on. That's how it spreads girl!
    crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2009