Would you have hired him with this evaluation?

I meant to post this the other day; it's a report on Army evaluations of Nidal Hasan.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120562890

Asked by gdiamante at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO he should have been discharged after he started trying to bring his patients up on war-crimes charges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No. I use common sense though.
    Anonymous

• From the article:

"Sharfstein says the memo doesn't suggest that Hasan would end up shooting people, but it warns that Hasan was "somebody who could potentially put patients in danger."

"There are all kinds of warning signs, flashing red lights, that, in terms of just this paragraph, you'd say, 'Oh, no, this is not somebody that we would take a chance on.' "

"Sharfstein says that in the 25 years he has been supervising and hiring psychiatrists, he has seen only a half-dozen evaluations this bad."

***

I'm going to say....NO!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It's been my question all along, why did they even allow him in the Army?

Anonymous

• why did they even allow him in the Army?

Because later in the interview they also say this: Nobody at the hospital has time to listen in and supervise. That seems to be a whole nother issue right there. I'd like to know how funding gets allocated for that (though I have a pretty good suspicion)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The Army apparently will promote you and give you training to kill people and send you war... \

All while ignoring your incoherent sentences and your anti American rants..

.Oh and did I mention words used to describe Hasan form OTHER military psychiatrist were psychotic, schizoid, and disturbing

Some people need to lose rank or a job or two over this gross negligence that put these soldiers at risk

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Politically correctness seems to trump sanity these days, this can only result in more tragedy...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

PC has nothing to do with people not willing to do the right thing. The people who KNEW and were in charge should be fired!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes they should be but it still does have to with PC I would bet on it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

If someone didn't do their JOB and their EXCUSE is they were afraid of being labeled insensitive...THEY ARE JUST MAKING EXCUSES FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOB....see how making excuses work, they are to absolve themselves of any wrong doing.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2009