Do you know of any good CHEAP non-comedogenic (oil-free) moisturizers?

I have combination skin. It's dry in some places and breakout prone in others. I can't afford to pay like $20 (or even $10 really) for an oil-free moisturizer. Do you know of any that I could buy at Wal-Mart or Walgreens that won't make me break out, but will give me a good amount of moisture?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i dont remember how much it is but i use an oil free moisturizer by neautrogena. got it at cvs i think. they might have it at walmart, idk. but i bought one and its lasted me like a year so even if it is 15 bucks, it lasts for so long yano
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am in the same boat as you. After researching this product I bought it. It will last months! http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Moisturizing/Moisturizing-Lotion/ID=prod1538406&navCount=0&navAction=push-product

A must try! I have been using for 2 weeks now and I love it!
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 7:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Cetaphil. They have coupons on their website and it's usually on sale every month or so at CVS on top of that. I use the soap and the moisturizer and not changing, not even for the frufie Sephora stuff.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Oh cool, I saw CeraVe and Cetaphil when I worked at Walgreens. And I'm using one by Olay right now, it's just the simple moisturizing lotion. It works alright, but I don't think it's oil-free. I use a good facewash every day and I'm still breaking out. Annoying.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Cetaphil lotion (the original, not the added whatever) is the best stuff ever. I've used it since I was like 14 and now I'm 30 and I still love it. My dermatologist recommended it because I had horrible breakouts as a teenager and it calms the skin down and doesn't irritate it. It's just enough moisture to balance things out, but not make you greasy. I love the stuff.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It is not cheap, but Lush is fantastic.

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Cetaphil is the best, its what my dermatologist says to use. I use Clinique "dramatically different" but when I cant afford it, cetaphil is what I get and its just as good

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 6:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• CeraVe or Vanicream. it's used in hospitals. I've gone to the derm my whole life and after spending a fortune on creams and laser, he gave me cerave and it's all I use. Works great. Walgreens has it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2009