I slipped and fell in a huge retail store.....

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant and the other day I was with my mother in one of those big warehouse stores(don't want to name)and we were looking around.My mother and I were both looking for a food processor, so we started to go down the home appliance aisle, when all of a sudden,I slip and fall directly on my knees,and then fall forward on my stomach.My initial thought was to pick myself up and walk away but being so far along in my pregnancy, it wasn't as easy as I thought.I tried to pick myself up but I had no strength and I just broke down and started freaking out, grabbing my stomach.I couldn't feel the baby moving, and the contractions started right away..long story short, ambulance were called,my mother filled out a incident report,and we went to the hospital.I'm fine, and the baby is fine (not here yet)but everyone I've told the story to is telling me to sue which I don't want to do.I need advice on what I should do?

T.Lib

Asked by T.Lib at 6:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• Why wouldnt you sue?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 6:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't even know how to start the whole process which is funny considering that my husband's family is full of lawyers. A law firm has called to talk about the incident but I missed the call, and haven't called them back. It was only two days ago, but I'm still really sore....

I'm just not sure on what to do...
    T.Lib

Answer by T.Lib at 6:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Ok. What did you fall from? Were you just being clumsy or was the floor wet, something in the way, etc?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Was it their fault you fell? Like, was the floor wet with not signing warning that or something else. Or was it just your fault you slipped? I know I'm a klutz and can slip/trip on nothing or my shoes are sometimes slippery.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If nothing is wrong why would you?? First off if there is nothing wrong you won't win anyway. Second think if someone threw nails out in front of your house and a little kid riding there bike pops a tire and bust there head on your driveway. Technically its your fault because its your driveway, would it be fair for thier parents to sue over something you had no control over???? Think about it Karma can be harsh.
    Anonymous

• No reason to sue. Nothing was left on the floor to cause your fall, was there?
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There was clear detergent on the floor that I didn't notice and I just slipped. Thank god my mother was right next to me because I'm sure it would have been worse if I hadn't grabbed her arm on the way down.
    T.Lib

Answer by T.Lib at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There was enough clear liquid on the floor for the employees and managers to think that I was leaking amniotic fluid.
    T.Lib

Answer by T.Lib at 6:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you weren't leaking it is their fault. Period. Yes, you should sue.
    Anonymous

• If something had happened to you or the baby, I would say yes, you should sue. But you and baby were both fine, so I really think that to sue would be a little...over the top.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009