My 15 month old has raw skin in the little creases under some of his toes, what could this be from?

I was washing off my sone feet the other night and he started pulling them away and whining when I was wiping his toes. I noticed the skin was raw in the little creases on the underside of his toes, the area right where they bend under the toe pads. What could this be from? I cannot get him to keep socks or shoes on his feet so he walks around barefoot unless we go out of course.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be from that skin not ever "seeing light" especially if he recently started walking a lot of babies will have that because they weren't streching their toes while they were younger. Make sure you keep his feet dry and try putting aquaphore if they are sore to him, it helps with that kind of stuff.
    Anonymous

• That makes sense, thank you! He does curl his toes alot and he just started walking the day of his first birthday.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It might be old fashioned athlete's foot. If his toes are damp inside his shoes often, either because his feet sweat or because his toes aren't completely dry from a bath before shoes and socks go on, it can happen.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009