Does anyone work for Ranchmark Research Center as a mystery shopper?

calimaria

Asked by calimaria at 6:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can find a listing of legitimate mystery shopping companies here: www.freelancebyu.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No. Ranchmark Research Center sent me a letter saying that I was hired to do some mystery shopping for them. sent me a check for 3455.00 and said to deposit it into my account. the check was drawn on a wells fargo account. wells fargo has a number that you can call to verify accounts. i called and the account was not active. i would have put that money into my account sent someone in the uk 2800.00 and the check would have come back as nonactive and i would have been out more than 2800.00. or worse, i could be in jail for cashing bad checks. who knows. but don't do it. check with the bank that it's drawn on first to see if it's an active account. it's a scam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I actually wrote an article about how to start your own Mystery Shopping Service. It's very easy. You can read about it in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i couldnt afford to be a secret shopper! i looked into it, but you have to buy meals, and buy clothes and all kinds of stuff. if it was stuff that i HAD to buy or was already buying, it would be different, but we dont go out to eat often and what not. i work from home with a wellness company now, i really enjoy it and i dont know if that would be something you would like at all. your welcome to message me if you want, but i dont want to spam up your post! lol.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 5:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2009