35 weeks, my contractions are 10 minutes apart, and not painful.... any thoughts?

I went to the hospital yesterday, and they put me on the monitor, and I am having contractions, but they were sporadic, and not painful.... Well now they are closer together, and still not painful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am going through the same thing. I will have regular contractions for three or four hours at a time. They don't really hurt, but it is just miserable. Espically after a few weeks of this crap. They gave me some meds to stop the contractions, but they just slow them down to about an hour apart. I've found the best thing to do is to just take a warm bath and lay down for awhile. I notice that it is worse when I am sitting up.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• first baby or not?

With my second child my contractions were less than 10 min apart but they weren't regular in length or intensity. Still I prepared anyway and once we had things ready, I went to sit on the couch to relax and my water broke. If its your second or whatever, assume you are in labor, is my advice. By the way I barely made it to the hospital. I was 8 cm dilated when I walked into the hosptial and wanted to push. It was a 25 min. trip and my daughter was born about 30 minutes later.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 6:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well i was 32 wks and i was having contactios like that and they put me on bed rest, i went again at 35 kws, they were just like yours and the kept me in the hospital for 2 days. it was my second pregnancy
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009