how do you discipline a child....

I babysit a 2 and a half year old he is pretty good all day long but time his parents come get him its like a light switch with him if he wants something my child has he hits her and takes it and my child yells and his mom goes oh he just wants a turn we just put our tree up one is a candy tree its behind a chair they know they are not allowed behind it and he runs and gets candy off of it time they come.....other things too he know he isn't allowed to do how do I discipline him when his parents come?? today i took the candy away from him and said " _____ you know your not allowed to get behind that chair and get that with out asking" he cried his dad said its ok we have candy in the car mean like....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe separating the pick up of this toddler from the rest of the home's activity is the answer.

You could have him ready to go and meet the parents in the foyer, for instance. That way, they aren't coming into your home and competing with you for authority. That is really what is going on.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• WHAT!!!????!!! They disrespect your home like that? They allow their child to act that way ? I'm so shocked. I'm sorry.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 8:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• sounds like they are suckers for him and He knows it and is just testing his boundries with his parents.. go for it, discipline him the same if they are there or not..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009