Want to know what Democrats have done to this country?

Here's a GREAT "time-lapse" graphic that depicts the unemployment rate from January 2007 to September 2009 (using rolling 12 month averages)--you know the time that Democrats have held the majority of the House and Senate!!!

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

THIS is why Republicans/Independents need to regain control in 2010! This country will not survive 3 more years of Democratic control!!!

Oh, and take a close look at what happens to the graphic starting in January 2009!

Your thoughts?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 6:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly watching that made me nauseated. :( We are in sad times and I really wish some people would start realizing this :::coughs Obama:::
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My thoughts? Why can't we all just get along? Seriously. You can be you, I can be me, you do your thing, I'll do mine, they'll do theirs, and we'll all just coexist peacefully like we live in a Utopian society. Sounds good, huh?
    Anonymous

• What about what Republicans have done to this country? What about the republican president who just held office for the last eight years? You know the one who sent all of our sons and daughters to be killed? What about all the parents and spouses that have been lost for the stupid war President Bush pushed for? My family and lots of others did a lot better when Clinton was in office. So maybe you should rethink that!
    Anonymous

• Interesting.

But the numbers don't start really changing until mid 2008, well past the time of the Democratic takeover...but coinciding with the bursting of the real estate bubble.

I admit it's personal prejudice born of personal experience...I knew NO ONE involved in the real estate boom who was NOT Republican, and I dealt with an awful lot of developers during that time who were in the pockets of their elected politicians. (I live in the epicenter of the foreclosure crisis...and Democrats are not electable here.)

I agree we need change...but I don't think the GOP is the party to bring it. I think we need ot go Libertarian.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Democrats have did know worse then Republicans have done to this country.

Answer by louise2 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• @ 6:52-

If it was all Bush's war, how come it hasn't ended yet?

The point of my post was that after 6 years of the "evil" Bush Administration, the economy was doing pretty well (with an unemployment rate that was less than the average during your hero Clinton's presidency, by the way). It was only after the Democrats gained power that the country started falling apart.

If you'd like, I can post a graph of the budget deficit that almost mirrors the unemployment, if that would help you comprehend things! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• But the numbers don't start really changing until mid 2008, well past the time of the Democratic takeover...

The unemployment rates in the graphic were calculated using ROLLING 12 month AVERAGES--so the numbers do reflect from the time Democrats gained the majority.

Which is why I wrote it as Republican/Independent--because I agree that Republicans who have been overtaken by the RINOs, aren't any better for the country--just the fiscally conservative ones, and I'm not sure if a Libertarian party will be able to overcome the 2 party system and be viable--but we'll see!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• lorikeet, your getting over their heads with this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It wont the only way to do it is to purge the damn GOP of RINOS and get real conservatives in..Conservatism wins
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree we need change...but I don't think the GOP is the party to bring it. I think we need ot go Libertarian.

I agree with this. Republicans are not much better.
    Anonymous