is everything from santa?

Do you act like santa brings everything or just the one big thing do you just say the clothes and shoes are from you and the rest santa or what

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• Santa brings a couple of big things, and he fills the stocking. He also brings something for the family, like a game or something that we can do together.

We've done this since our kids were babies, and even now that they're teens and they know about Santa (we explained it with the "we're all Santa, whenever you give a gift in love to someone else" approach), we still do it this way. The only difference is now that they're older and have their own money / not needing us to take them shopping, in addition to a present from them, there's often something for my dh and I under the tree, "from Santa" as well :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think we will tell our son the biggies are from Santa. The rest from us and family.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Sant brings 1 or 2 but the rest are from us but my kids still assume Santa brings it all
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

this is how we do it to- and we told the kids the same thing (they are teens now). Santa lives in all of us :)
    and we still do santa gifts- 1 for each and a family gift -something for the dog (all unwrapped) and the stockings.
    we have done it the same way all along
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Santa only brang one present for each kids in our house.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• One big thing
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• when i was a kid i was jealous of my friend bcuz her mom and dad got her gifts too and santa only brought ours...so i do both for my son
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Santa is bringing my daughter what she asks for (a book, a dinosaur and some chocolate) and fills her stocking, but everything else is from Mom and Dad. Of course, it all appears at the same time while she's sleeping, so she just assumes. I like the idea of getting a family gift too, I think we may start doing that.

I'm planning to wrap the Santa present really pretty and elaborate, so there is a separation between it and the rest of the gifts.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• He only brings stockings. We open all gifts on Christmas eve here.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009