Did Peer Pressure force you to Quit Smoking?

My friends told me everyday what a disgusting, trashy habit it was. All of them are ex-smokers too. Its been almost 10 years :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. No. No. The more people pressure me to stop, the more I want to keep doing it! Smokers are becoming a minority that it's ok to be biased against, because we smoke and it's something we can change.
    Anonymous

• NO, i stopped smoking in 2004 when i found out i was pregnant with my first son. I have NEVER picked up another cig. since then and HATE smoke now. it makes me sick to smell it. I am so glad that my dad quit 2 weeks ago after smoking for 40yrs. for health reasons.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree with you, anon! My family keeps telling me to quit, and I just keep wanting to smoke! Husband doesn't pressure me, because he knows that I have to WANT to quit before I can quit, or it won't work.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No, it wasn't family telling me. Altho, they constantly did. It was the price that keeps going, and going, and going up. AND, watching my hubbys uncle turn blue when he walked 3 feet from emphysema.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I work in a place where I am the only smoker. I get teased on a daily basis about it but it hasnt changed anything. Yes I recently went to the doctors to talk about quitting but for my own health not for them. I agree the more you get shit for it the more you want to do it!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No I stoped smoking because I wanted to. Not because of anyone else.

Answer by louise2 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I don't see why someone wouldn't WANT to quit. Unless they're in HS and still think it's cool or something, which it never was, only the sleazy trashy girls smoked at my HS.
    Anonymous

• It worked on my "step dad"
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• only the sleazy trashy girls smoked at my HS.

That you 'knew' of! ;-)
    Anonymous

How many packs a day were you up to by graduation?
    Anonymous