Anatomy Scan

So, i went to my anatomy scan today!! I was excited, but they couldnt find anything, as in, they found a head and a leg, and the spine....but they really couldnt tell the sex or find the other body parts. It was so extreme that they scheduled me for ANOTHER ultrasound in 2 weeks!! im so nervous! i feel like i have the next mermaid baby or something. With my first he was so active that we saw EVERYTHING!!! i feel awful, and depressed right now!!! HELP ME!!!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe try a different time of day? I did my anatomy scan yesterday, and the tech had a hard time bc baby was rolled up in a ball. The tech figures she was just sleeping, but there was nothing we could do to get that baby to move. Are you feeling movement yet? Do you know when baby is 'usually' active?
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that sweets. Hopefully you had a bad tech. Did the doctor come in and review the ultrasound too? Try to relax or get some support to help you through until you get your next ultrasound. I just don't know what to say. I hope you have plenty of love to surround you. Maybe its nothing to worry about. I wish i could help more, i feel so helpless. Is somebody going to be with you when you go to the next test?
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• MY SO always goes, its just the whole idea, hes not nervous. But i dont think he sat down and really thought about it. The tech told the doc, what happened but the doc never came in!! She spent 30 minutes trying to find body parts.....<>Thanks for your help!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Did your doc do the untrasound or did you go to and ultrasound tech? I have heard about docs messing up also that the equipment that an ultrasound tech uses is far more advanced. My cousin had her baby recently, she was suppose to have a girl and it came out a boy. She had her scan done by her doctor. How far along are you? I wouldn't worry just yet, may be to early for them to see and they will make every body part out next visit.
    Anonymous